Friday 18 March 2011

Dear Books

I used to read you a lot, when I was younger, I read all kinds of books, novels, short stories, those Goosebumps ones with the alternative endings/plots altogether, man they were frustrating yet awesome. I also read a lot of those supernatural stories about pubescent teens when I was 14 or so, 'cause, y'know, I was all adult n' shit.

But after 16 or so I stopped, I went down the art route, read a few bits and pieces about various artists, Alfonse Mucha, Paula Rego, those types. Mostly though if I was to read something it was graphic novels, which to me have no less merit as literature, they fulfill my desire to take in art and enjoy fantasy and Science Fiction all in one convenient little package.

I do still read graphic novels, I would read more if I had the coin, but recently I was able to pick up a few Lovecraft, Wells and Akutagawa stories for very cheap (I've always been a fan of these three writers but had not read any stories in a long while) and much to my joy I have finished them all within a few days of buying them, which has not only spurred me on to read more but, through the best descriptive and imaginative writing I've read in a long time, moved me to start up my art again.

So I guess all I want to say is, thanks and if there is ever a battle to save the books, I'll be on the front lines dude, I got your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment